If you have already been invited to view our private blog click

-HERE

If you have not been invited and would like to, leave a comment with your email address on the latest post. Thanks!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tricks and Treats

On Tuesday we had one of our favorite families over for dinner. I made Pioneer Woman's Fettuccine and it was superb! So yummy. Everyone loved it, even the kids. And anything approved by kids (especially mine) is okay in my book. Every recipe of hers I have tried has been good though. Love her. After dinner we decorated pumpkins. The kids had so much fun.
 
 
Wednesday was HALLOWEEN! It was so fun to dress the kids up this year. Usually they fight me and don't ever want to. But this year they were all for it. So much more fun when they are that way :) The boys' costumes turned out really good.... thank you pinterest! And little miss looked pretty darn adorable in her costume too. Pretty sure she would have wore hers to bed if we would have let her. She loved it.
 
Our 2 silly minions and sweet little elephant
Mr. Deagan
TK

Miss Priss



Thursday was a miserable day. I was sick with a fever of 103 and pretty much didn't get off the couch all day. It was terrible. I don't know how we made it until Dev got home from work, but we did. Thank goodness for the purple balloon Treyden found in our yard that morning. It kept him and Treslee entertained all day.
 
Friday and Saturday I had plans to go to Time Out for Women with my friend Molli so I was so happy when I woke up feeling much better. What an amazing experience. It was so neat to be in a room full of women who are facing the same challenges I face everyday as a mother, a wife, and as a woman. It was so refreshing to be reminded tha everyone has bad days, and we are not all perfect. And that what we are doing is ok, that it is enough. Every talk was so powerful and touched my heart in so many ways. The spirit was so strong in that room. I am so grateful to my father in heaven for all he has blessed me with in my life. I am grateful for every challenge and failure because of what it has taught me. I know that I am his daughter and that he loves me and each and every one of us. And he knows us so much better than we know ourselves. I learned so much at Time Out for Women. I am so grateful I was able to go. I didn't realize how much I needed to be there. So, BIG THANKS to the hubby for holding down the fort and watching the kiddos so I could. It was such a fun weekend. I laughed a lot and cried even more. A lot more. But isn't that was we women do?!
 
P.S.
While I was gone Treslee decided to take her first steps :( I cried over that too.


No comments: